Monday 24 February 2020

Ogun Community Where The Guard Is The Thief (Pictures Of Weapons And Men)

By Daud Olatunji
Residents of a community in Iyana -Iyesi in Ado/Odo-Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State were shocked when the news filtered into the town that their night guard who was employed to secure them and their property had been arrested for robbery. The residents who spoke with Vanguard said their initial reaction was that they took it as a mere rumour, but, the reality dawned on them when the forty-eight year-old night guard, Sunday Uche was paraded by the state Police Command for robbery.

Uche was recently arrested alongside four others for robbing some houses in Iyana Iyesi community in the Council. The embattled night guard who until the time of arrest was a security guard employed to secure the community at night reportedly led the robbers to the community and made away with a Sports Utility Vehicle.
The night guard was paraded alongside Aliu Muhammad, Shakiru Ojulari, Ademola Akiniyi and Benedict Odeh at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad office, Magbon, Abeokuta. The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Muyiwa Adejobi who paraded the suspects, said one of the robbers was arrested in Lafenwa, Abeokuta following a tip off that led men of the SARS, to the arrest of the others including the night guard.

Suspects’ confession
The night guard, Uche said, “my friends lured me into this, they came to tell me they have a car they want to sell , they asked me to lead them and that they have customers who will buy the car. “We went into the estate and saw a car which we took, while driving the car, we noticed it was not functioning well, so we left it there. “I am the security man of that place, I told them I won’t follow them to my street, so they went there to rob.

“I was called that armed robbers have invaded the community, I told the callers that I am also on the street. I own a gun, I gave it to them for the operation.” Another suspect, Muhammad, a bricklayer said he joined the gang after returning from a remand centre. “When I was about leaving ATM, I met a friend who stays in my area,he told me he has people who need cars and he would connect me with them.
“After I left, he started calling me on phone. So, I told him I saw a car around where I work, he told me to call him when I’m through with the car. “We robbed the woman at Itele road and he told me to come to Abeokuta with the car and it was a Lafenwa that police arrested.”

Police react
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state DSP Muyiwa Adejobi while parading the suspects at the SARS office, Magbon, Abeokuta disclosed that they were arrested in Lafenwa in Abeokuta following a tip off., Adejobi said, the command later discovered that a night guard that was employed by the people in Itele was among the robbers that were arrested.,

* The PPRO said, while the robbery was going on, the people in the community called the night guard to rescue them and he assured them that things were under control.,
* According to Adejobi, the police recovered one Rav 4 Jeep registration number Lagos JJJ 559 BF, two locally made double barrel guns, six live cartridges, eleven phones and assorted charms.,
* He said, “Men of Special anti-Robbery Squad of the state Police Command led by Muhammad Tijani arrested the suspects following a tip off.,
* “The suspects have confessed to the crime and would soon be charged to court.,
* “The Police have found out that the night guard was the leader of the gang and had confessed to the crime.
The Police also learnt that while the robbery operation was going on the people of the area called him but he said they should not be worried whereas he was actually the leader of the gang that was robbing them., “The suspects would be charged to court after the completion of the investigation”.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment